Wednesday, November 29, 2006

If I had any doubts when I voted for Jim Webb earlier this month . . .

they're gone now. I'm so glad I was able to help fire George Allen before I resigned my job.

From The Hill
"Son also rises in testy Webb-Bush exchange
By Emily Heil

President Bush has pledged to work with the new Democratic majorities in Congress, but he has already gotten off on the wrong foot with Jim Webb, whose surprise victory over Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) tipped the Senate to the Democrats.

Webb, a decorated former Marine officer, hammered Allen and Bush over the unpopular war in Iraq while wearing his son’s old combat boots on the campaign trail. It seems the president may have some lingering resentment.

At a private reception held at the White House with newly elected lawmakers shortly after the election, Bush asked Webb how his son, a Marine lance corporal serving in Iraq, was doing."

And from The Washington Post . . .

My president is a scumbag.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

I LIKE that man!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so loved hearing what Webb said to Bush. Thank you for voting for him Fronty. I tried to give Jon Kyl da boot out here but nothing doing. At least we got rid of JD "Foghorn Leghorn" Hayworth in the House!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that was a little harsh on scumbags.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Divian said...

I can think of a better word than scumbag, but then again, I'll keep my potty mouth on my blog!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Oh, if I were Isaac Hayes . . . .


They say that Bush's a stupid muth . . .

Shut yo mouth

But I'm talkin' bout Dubya

Well we can dig it

9:06 AM  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

You knew he was a scumbag and you wrote it. The fact Webb won must have given you some sense of satisfaction...

Even if apparently it had the effect it appears to have on your employment, Fronty.

Good on ya.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, Fronty, my president is a scumbag too. We have so much in common!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home