Saturday, December 02, 2006

I feel pleasantly deranged tonight

I feel so much better these days that I'm going to tell you a little story.

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were at the Double R Bar Ranch one fine evening, watching the sun set. Roy had just been breaking in a new pair of boots that day, and he left them on the porch before they called it a night.

A lynx sneaks up on the porch after Roy and Dale were asleep, and the critter rips, gnaws and shreds the boots.

Roy wakes up in the morning, realizes he forgot his boots, and goes out on the porch. He goes ballistic. He gets his guitar, his Winchester lever-action and saddles up Trigger before riding off into the sagebrush.

Roy's gone for five days, and Dale waits anxiously for every one of them.

On the sixth day, Roy comes riding in, the now-dead lynx hanging from Trigger's saddle horn. Just as Roy rides up and gets ready to tell how he avenged his boots, Dale interrupts and says, "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?"

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And there was me thinking that I missed your little essays.

3:23 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

More of such stories...

8:50 AM  
Blogger Zig said...

I got my fair and just a trifle to spare - although at this time of year I find the trifle goes fairly quickly amongst the scrounging relies - sigh - took me right back to 1942 and that dashing spitfire pilot with the blue eyes . . .

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob I'm getting slow......it took me a whole 90 seconds to get that ending........lol.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amateur! I once got twenty bucks not to tell that joke!

Of course, I can stretch it out; my longest telling was 45 minutes.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I couldn't have lasted through 45 minutes of that one...

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groan.

And to add insult to injury, I now have that dang song stuck in my head.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What bothers me some is the comment from anon.How the beejeezlehoop did that get in here???(I notice none of the men is commenting...are they running a quality control programme?

"satin n lace...I used to call funny face..."

is a patch like a Band-aid?

"shovel all the coal in...
...gotta keep on rollin'..."

is the patch worn on the upper arm' as for nicotine?

"Woo-woo, Chatanooga..."
Please report qual.control results

4:44 PM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

WOW...it took me quite a while to get it...and then I could not stop thinking about how he had his mount stuffed, I don't mean Dale I mean Trigger ya silly!
note to dinahmow, none of us guys are commenting because we never think about sex..that is an urban myth.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Nothing like telling jokes to cause delayed, long-term discomfort, I always say.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home